Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Still at the Washington Dulles Airport

At last, I’m at Gate B37, and I used an Internet computer and got confirmation from Bina that someone from the guest house (Heritage Inn) will be at the airport to meet me at 6:45 am on the 22nd instead of the 21st of whatever month this is.

No, I’m not exhausted, not at all. At least I’m calm now that I’ve gotten to the gate and communicated with Bina. I also heard back from Karma, the travel agent; she said that Nepal is having power problems, and that’s why the fax wasn’t going through. Both of them said it’s best to scan my passport—I think that means I’d be able to send it by e-mail. Coming to think of it, I’m not sure, never having used a scanner before. Even if I had read the e-mail while I was still in Kansas, I wouldn’t have had a scanner, but since I didn’t see that e-mail till now, I’m thinking they didn’t send those e-mails that long ago. I am exhausted and stupid. In hindsight, I could have gone to the Fed Ex/Kinko’s place downtown, although they probably didn’t open till 10---they’re not open 24 hours like in St. Louis. And it’s too late now, anyway, so there’s no point in worrying about it.

If the guesthouse does have a scanner, someone will have to show me how to use it. I’m not the most technologically savvy person.